[Introspective] Final results of poll on rating TMIT tracks

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 22:14:24 PDT 2011

site visitors to rate each of the tracks on "The Most Incredible Thing" on a
scale of 0 to 10 as they compare to other Pet Shop Boys tracks. Although I
should note that this survey proved rather unpopular, with fewer than half
the usual number of voters -- and nearly half of *them* voting
across-the-board abstentions, the track that nevertheless received the
highest average rating was:

* "The Grind," with an average rating of 7.042 out of 10.

button on the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the direct result of the aforementioned
abstentions from last week's poll. I'm asking whether you feel "The Most
Incredible Thing" simply isn't comparable to other PSB releases, whether you
believe it can be compared only as a whole to "Battleship Potemkin," or
whether you believe it can be compared as a whole to other PSB albums. And
if you think it *can* be compared, how indeed does it compare? So please
mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choice from the options
provided right there on my home page. And thanks to those of you (at least
six actual or would-be voters in last week's poll) who offered input leading
to my formulation of this week's question.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who did vote in last week's survey! And
I wish you all a very happy and safe week ahead!