[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB remaking an old single

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 29 22:10:50 PST 2011

site visitors whether they would like for the Pet Shop Boys to completely
re-record (not just remix) one of their old pre-Yes hits and then re-release
it as a new single. And, as it turns out --

* A majority of voters, 52.5%, would *not* want them to do this.

As for those who *would* like for the Boys to do this, the song that
received the most votes (4.3%) or getting this treatment was "Love Comes
Quickly." To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is borrowed (with permission) from
FirthofForth of the Pet Shop Boys Community Forum. We're asking you to
imagine that the Pet Shop Boys had stopped making new music after their 1991
hits collection "Discography." What kind of fan do you think you'd be at
this point if that had been the case? Do you think you'd be just as much a
fan as you are now? Less of a fan? Not a fan at all? Maybe even *more* of a
fan? So please take a moment to make your choice from the options provided
right there on my home page. And thanks again to FirthofForth for coming up
with this intriguing question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in my survey last week. And I hope you
all have a wonderful week ahead!