[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB with greatest "aesthetic dissonance" with its singles

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 19 22:07:17 PST 2011

site visitors to choose the Pet Shop Boys albums that, in their opinion,
have the greatest "aesthetic dissonance" in quality with their extracted
singles. That is, what was the "best" album considering its relatively
disappointing singles, and what was the "weakest" album considering its
comparatively high-quality singles? And the albums that received the most
votes were:

* "Yes," chosen by 24.4% of the voters as the "best" album compared to its
singles, and
* "Release," chosen by 21.9% of the voters as the "weakest" album compared
to its singles.

Interestingly, "Release" beat out "Yes" as the album that received the most
votes in the two categories put together. So, from that perspective,
"Release" might be considered the PSB album with the greatest aesthetic
dissonance from its singles.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is pretty simple and straightforward compared
to last week's. I'm simply wondering whether you're planning to buy (or have
already ordered) the two-CD set of the Boys' ballet score "The Most
Incredible Thing" when it's released next month. Please take a moment to
make your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a delightful week ahead!