[Introspective] Final results of poll on songs to cut from and add to "Ultimate"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 22:02:01 PST 2010

site visitors, if it were up to them, which songs they would have cut from
the Pet Shop Boys' new "Ultimate" hits collection and which singles that
weren't included they would have put in their place, with the understanding
that the total number of tracks had to remain exactly 19. (Whew!) And, based
on the 19 songs that received the most votes to be kept or added, the
outcome was:

* "Before" (picked by 59.7% of the voters to be cut) is the only track on
"Ultimate" that failed to make the "Top 19," so by "popular demand" it would
have been deleted, and

* "Can You Forgive Her" (picked by 56.7% of the voters to be added) is the
only non-"Ultimate" track that made the Top 19, so by popular demand it
would have been included.

All the other tracks on "Ultimate" made the grade.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead may prove a bit challenging. I've determined
what I believe to be the twelve songs the Pet Shop Boys have performed most
often live in concert. For each of those twelve, I'd like for you to pick
your favorite live version, with the choices being the live shows that have
been released on VHS, DVD, and/or CD (plus a catch-all "Other" option for
any show not included that you'd like to pick for any given song). If you
feel you can't pick a particular version of certain songs, no problem --
just skip 'em. So please, when you have the chance, make your choices right
there on my home page. And thanks so much to Daniel for suggesting this
question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a splendid week ahead!