[Introspective] Final results of poll on best "unpopular" song to re-record

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 22:08:25 PDT 2010

site visitors which of several relatively "unpopular" Pet Shop Boys songs
they believe would have the greatest potential for being transformed into a
first-rate track if they were to re-record it in a new style and/or with a
new arrangement. And the song that received the most votes was:

* "Hit Music," chosen by 27.4% of the voters -- a little more than twice as
many as the first-runner up.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is another highly speculative one. What if
the Boys had never written and recorded their first and biggest hit, "West
End Girls"? What kind of career do you think they would have had under those
circumstances? Do you think they would have had pretty much the same career,
only with a different "breakthrough" or "signature" tune? Do you think they
would have still be successful -- but not nearly *as* successful? Do you
think they would have vanished without a trace and we might never have heard
of them? Or something else? So please mull this over and, when you're ready,
make your choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a fantastic week ahead!