[Introspective] Final results of poll on non-singles to covert a non-fan

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 1 22:00:26 PDT 2010

site visitors to pick the ten "non-singles" by the Pet Shop Boys that they
would pick to "convert" a friend who professes a dislike for them and that
"dance/synth stuff." And the ten songs that received the most votes were:

* "King's Cross," picked by 39.4% of the voters
* "My October Symphony," chosen by 33.6%
* "Your Funny Uncle," picked by 32.9%
* "The Way It Used to Be," selected by 31.8%
* "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave," tapped by 25.6%
* "Luna Park," chosen by 22.0%
* "I Didn't Get Where I Am Today," picked by 21.3%
* "It Always Comes as a Surprise," chosen by 20.2%
* "Dreaming of the Queen," selected by 17.7%, and
* "It Couldn't Happen Here," chosen by 17.0%

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is one that I "dug out" of my large backlog
of possible questions after waiting there for more than a year. I'm
wondering which one of ten relatively "unpopular" PSB songs -- as determined
by their average ratings in my previous "Rating Project" polls -- you
believe would have the greatest potential for being transformed into a
first-rate track if Chris and Neil were to re-record it in a different style
and/or with a new arrangement. Thanks to "CasTor" for suggesting this
intriguing question -- and my apologies for taking so long to get around to
using it!

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey!  I hope you all have
a marvelous week ahead!