[Introspective] Final results of poll on frequent live song to skip next time

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 26 22:15:50 PDT 2010

site visitors which of the six songs the Pet Shop Boys have performed most
often in concert they would most wish for them *not* to perform on their
next tour. And the song that received the most votes was:

* "Go West," chosen by 27.5% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

As I've noted previously, I'm not running a new poll for the week ahead, nor
for several weeks thereafter. I'm now starting a "sabbatical" that will take
me away from regular work on my website until mid-August or thereabouts. A
combination of factors -- business, family affairs, vacation, medical issues
(nothing life-threatening), and household stuff -- are all coming together
for a "perfect storm," so to speak, that will make my life rather hectic and
even a little exciting for a while. So I've decided to take a break: not in
general (since I'll still be extremely busy) but simply from my website. It
will be one less thing for me to worry about. I'm going to leave my website
running on its own with minimal involvement on my part. During this period
it will remain accessible and fully functional. I'll just be making few if
any updates.

Then, after all this rigamarole is past, my life should calm down somewhat
(knock on wood) and become more normal again. I should at that point be able
to resume normal website operations, complete with new weekly polls.

Also during this period there will probably be times when I won't have
access to email. So if you email me and I don't get back to you in a timely
manner, please be patient. I'll reply as appropriate as soon as I'm able.

Until then, thanks to all of you who took part in last week's survey as well
as in my other polls! I hope to be back soon. In the meantime, enjoy life,
and take care!