[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether PSB should give up on singles

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 9 22:14:30 PST 2010

site visitors whether the Pet Shop Boys should give up on releasing singles
and should instead focus just on albums and other more "ambitious" or
"experimental" projects. And, perhaps not surprisingly, the overwhelming
majority response was:

* "No, they should continue to release singles just as they always have,"
chosen by a whopping 71.2% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button in
the (newly designed )left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead stems from a trend in recent years of artists
performing "album concerts" -- that is, a show in which they perform one of
their "classic" albums in its entirety, from beginning to end, more or less
"verbatim." (These shows rarely if ever consist solely of that one album;
rather, the "album performance" serves as the "centerpiece" of the concert,
with the rest of the show more conventionally consisting of other songs
taken from throughout the artist's career.) So I'm wondering whether you
would like it if the Pet Shop Boys were to stage such a show, or even an
entire tour of such shows (recorded, of course, for the benefit of those who
can't make it to a live performance) -- and, if so, which of their studio
albums you would like for them to perform in this way. Please take a moment
to make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks to Dan Newton,
not really for suggesting this question but rather for the email exchange
that inspired this idea!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a terrific week ahead!