[Introspective] Final results of "PSB fan astrology" survey

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 10 22:42:04 PDT 2010

The final votes are in for my "demographic" survey this past week in which,
in an effort to see if we can detect any patterns among online Pet Shop Boys
fans (or at least those who visit my website), I asked my site visitors
about their astrological signs. And the signs that received the most votes
were:

* Taurus, the sign in the Western zodiac for 10.8% of the voters, and

* Dragon, the sign in the Chinese zodiac for 12.0% of the voters.

By contrast, the signs that received the fewest votes were:

* Capricorn and Leo, the signs in the Western zodiac tied at 7.2% of the
voters each, and

* Horse, the sign in the Chinese zodiac for only 5.9% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

Meanwhile, are these figures statistically significant? And what, if
anything do they tell us "astrologically"? I'm afraid I must leave the
possible answers to those questions to others far more adept at such
considerations than I am.

At any rate, my new poll for the week ahead deals with far more mundane
matters. It's inspired by a recent U.K. TV "popumentary" that counted down
what its producers considered the "Top Ten Electropop Pioneers." I'm pleased
to note that the Pet Shop Boys ranked #1. But I'm wondering how you would
compare our musical heroes to the other nine artists who appeared in that
particular list. (No, it's not an unbiased poll at all. But it's the
exceptions to expectations that should make it interesting.) So please take
a moment to make your choices right there on my home page. And thanks so
much to Frederik Erens for suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey. And I wish you
all a fantastic week ahead!