[Introspective] Fundamentalism vs. Yes etc. [Poll on PSB album special edition bonus discs ends soon]

J/Thayer joda at panix.com
Fri Sep 18 13:56:41 PDT 2009

> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:54:07 -0700
> From: "Wayne Studer" <psbfan at earthlink.net>
>
> Hey there! Tomorrow (Saturday) is the last full day of my current poll,
> which asks which of the bonus discs that accompanied various "special
> editions" of Pet Shop Boys albums is, in your opinion, the best. If you
> haven't voted yet, please take a moment to visit my "Commentary" site at
> http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and make your choice right there on my
> home page.

Just surprised myself by voting Fundamentalism over Yes etc.  I _really_
appreciated that they generated fresh, unified material to accompany Yes,
and the extended dub tracks are nice enough, but there are a few too many
exciting remixes on Fundamentalism for me not to give it the honor.  If
"King of Rome" had gotten the dub treatment instead of "Vulnerable", maybe
the scales would have tipped...

"This used to be the future" does stick out kind of strangely ahead of the
dub album, but I think it would have stuck out worse on the actual album.
I'm grateful "Yes" is so cohesive as it is.

And off course, I did check off the "Relentless overall" checkbox.  Talk
about a "bonus disc"!

(Wayne, I would have posted this among the comment replies on your site, but
I never get to see the scramble code I'm supposed to type in, whether I'm in
Firefox or IE.  (I am on an XP machine.)  Thanks as always for the PSB poser
of the week!)

-Jonathan