[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Alternative 2"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 3 22:27:58 PDT 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether they would buy a Pet Shop Boys "Alternative 2" album
if it were released, and why or why not. And the option that received the
most votes -- a rare majority rather than a mere plurality -- was:

* "Yes! Although I already have all or nearly all of those tracks, it would
be great to have them all together in one official release!" chosen by
whopping 57.2% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by the technological changes that
have taken place in the recording industry -- specifically regarding the
delivery of recorded music -- in recent years. In this age of computers, CD
shuffling, digital tracks, and iPods, I'm wondering how often you listen to
PSB albums all the way through, from beginning to end, as opposed to
assorted excerpts. Please take a moment to take part in this survey right
there on my home page. And thanks to Chris Peterson for suggesting this
question!

By the way, I've made quite a few additions to my website today, so you may
want to be sure to visit my "What's New?" page to check out -- well, what's
new. I've also posted there a link to an *excellent* academic essay about
the Boys that I've recently stumbled upon.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a fantastic week ahead!