[Introspective] Final results of survey on purchase plans for new PSB releases

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 21 22:22:57 PST 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors about their purchase plans regarding three recent or upcoming
Pet Shop Boys or PSB-related releases. And the plurality outcomes were:

* "Christmas" - "I have already bought it or definitely will buy it," chosen
by a whopping 85.2% of the voters,

* "Party" - "I will definitely not buy it," selected by 41.8% of the voters,
and

* Shirley Bassey's "The Performance" - a tie between "I'm undecided" and "I
will definitely not buy it," each chosen by 28.1% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

As promised, my new poll for the week ahead is a bit unusual. I'm wondering
what you consider to be the Pet Shop Boys' "temperature," metaphorically
speaking. Are they hot, warm, tepid, cool, or cold? And whatever you think
their temperature is, do you think it's a good thing, a bad thing, or a
mixed/neutral thing? (After all, one person might regard being, say, "cool"
a good thing, while someone else might consider it quite bad.) I leave it
completely up to you to decide what those "temperatures" mean and what
criteria you wish to use. You might consider the Boys' popularity, their
commercial success, their music, their image, their personalities, or
whatever you like. You might also consider just their current temperature or
you might judge them by their career overall. It's all up to you to decide
these things for yourself.  I'm eager to see how this turns out. I just hope
we all have fun with this one.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
wish you all a marvelous week ahead -- a marvelous *holiday* week for many
of you. If you're traveling, I wish you safe and happy travels!