[Introspective] Final results of poll on the most "atypical" PSB single

Gilles G. gilles.gen at gmail.com
Mon May 18 02:45:32 PDT 2009

2009/5/17 Kurt Foy Booker <the-magician at magick-land.com>:

> Wait, I take it back... the new poll is not fun... it is rather difficult!
>  Some tough matchups to decide.

Indeed! What an intriguing and tough inner debate this is.

I end up with 7 wins for Yes and 5 for Very. But, guess what, I still
think Very's the better album...

Some are simple :
CYFH >> Love etc.
Liberation >> Beautiful people
King of Rome >> OAOMF (not very fond of KOR, but OAOMF is pretty weak IMHO)
TUTBTF >> OIAM (a marvellous melody versus a pretty cheap and mighty weak track)
Legacy >> GW (I don't especially like Legacy but I clearly can't stand
GW anymore; if they were to, once again, end their forthcoming shows
with it, I might as well go straight to the bar before the end ;o)

Some are very close :
IWNDTKOT -- AOTW
ADPOV -- DYSMC... Went for the latter in both cases
The theatre -- Building a wall : went for the former, although I
really really like BAW

Some are really difficult :
DOTQ -- Vulnerable... Both superb ballads... Went for the former.

Some are impossible to decide, because matching two of the absolute
gems of their respective albums...
YWIWM -- MTAD :  had to go for Yesterday... for the sake of its
incredible and hilarious self-irony.
TSIAS -- Pandemonium : my favourite track from Very versus my second
favourite from Yes... Now then? I'm in an uptempo mood, so went for
the woohoohoo's ;o)
Young offender - TWIUTB : aaarggg !!! But TWIUTB is SOOO good that it
hardly bears any comparison...

Here are my votes, then...

--
Gilles (counting the days before June 13th, Luxemburg)
http://www.etherreal.com