[Introspective] Final results of poll on the most "atypical" PSB single

Derek BD derekbd1970 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:49:52 PDT 2009

I find I Get Along to be quite typical of a certain PSBness.  I also voted
for Numb. I mean it's a song almost anyone could have done, and while I do
appreciate Neil's voice I don't think it especially shines in their
recording.

This week's poll is a bit maddening.  A find my favourite tunes mostly
pitted against each other, except for the opening track.  I have never been
a huge fan of CYFH? but Love, etc. grabbed me immediately.

>I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing vs All Over the World.

To take the album version from Very seems unfair, but to do so pretty much
evens the field IMO.

>Dreaming of the Queen vs Vulnerable

Although DOTQueen is a beautiful song, with lots of imagery, I quite like
Vulnerable's simplicity and frankness of lyrics.

>Yesterday, When I Was Mad vs  More Than a Dream

ARGH!  MOTD is probably going to be on my top 10 PSB track of all time list,
which means it narrowly wins out over the classic YWIWM.

>The Theatre vs. Building a Wall

I THINK I SHALL GO MAD! The Theatre has been a favourite from Very since it
was released, but Building a Wall has a special place in my heart. I think
The Theatre won out.

>Young Offender vs. The Way It Used to Be

KILL ME NOW!  This is where I almost gave up voting altogether. I should
have abstained but oh well.  I can't remember which I chose, it's such a
tossup.

As I am writing this my gmail kindly informs me that Kurt has changed his
mind about the funness of this poll!  HAHA!  It's a bitch, innit?

Off to read the comments...

Derek