[Introspective] Final results of poll on the most "atypical" PSB single

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 16 22:11:56 PDT 2009

site visitors to choose, in their opinion, the most "atypical" Pet Shop Boys
single. And the song that received the largest number of votes was:

* "I Get Along," picked by 18.9% of the voters as the most atypical PSB
single.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is perhaps a little more unusual than most.
One of my site visitors wrote with a suggestion that reminded me of a little
game that a "classic rock" radio station in my area sometimes plays. They
take two classic albums and compare them song-by-song (the first song of
Album A compared to the first song of Album B, and so on). The DJs decide
which song in each pair is better. Then, at the end, they decide which is
the better album-although their final decision doesn't necessarily hinge on
which album comes out ahead in the track-by-track comparisons. At any rate,
since various reviewers, many fans, and even the Pet Shop Boys themselves
have compared their latest album "Yes" to their classic 1993 album "Very,"
I'm hoping you'll play with me this same comparison game regarding those two
albums. In a song-by-song comparison of the albums "Very" and "Yes," which
song from each pair do you prefer? And, finally, which of the two albums do
you think is better? So please take a few minutes to make your choices right
there on my home page. And thanks so much to Adriano Lindner for his
original suggestion (with which I've taken a few liberties).

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I wish you
all a superb week ahead!