[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Did You See Me Coming?" as next single

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 22:15:22 PDT 2009

site visitors their opinion of the fact that "Did You See Me Coming?" is
going to be the next Pet Shop Boys single, the second from their new album
"Yes." And the response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "It's a great choice for the second single!" chosen by 27.2% of the
voters.

Please keep in mind that, although this was the plurality choice, the
majority of voters chose one of the other options, indicating that most
voters would rather that "Did You See Me Coming?" were *not* the next
single. At any rate, to see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past
Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the latest round in my ongoing "Rating
Project," in which I ask my site visitors to rate Pet Shop Boys songs on a
scale of 0 to 10 as they compare to other PSB songs, with 0 meaning "one of
their all-time worst songs" and 10 meaning "one of their all-time best." Not
surprisingly, this time around I'm asking you to rate the songs from "Yes"
(including the "Yes etc." track "This Used to Be the Future"). So please
mull over your ratings and then, when you're ready, mark your ballot right
there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And, since we're on the
subject of ratings, I hope this next week will end up with a very good
rating for you! ;-)