[Introspective] Final results of poll on preliminary favorite Yes song

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 14 22:17:14 PDT 2009

site visitors which song from the new Pet Shop Boys album "Yes" they
believe, based on preliminary excerpts and info, will ultimately prove to be
their favorite. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I haven't yet heard or read enough to make even an admittedly tentative
choice," selected by 24.6% of the voters.

Of the songs themselves, however, the one that received the largest number
of votes was "The Way It Used to Be," picked by 17.1%.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead is a lot simpler. In fact, it offers just
two choices: Yes or No. It's no secret that some -- but, notably, not all --
of the tracks from "Yes" were leaked online roughly two weeks in advance of
the album's March 23 release date. (They've even appeared on YouTube!) Some
fans have speculated that, unlike leaks in years past, this leak may have
been intentionally orchestrated by the record company as a marketing ploy.
And that's my question: do you think this leak was an intentional marketing
device? So please take a moment to make your choice -- Yes or No -- right
there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a fantastic week ahead. And, don't forget, the "Yes etc." single is
officially released tomorrow!