[Introspective] Final result of poll on buying YYes" in a non-physical format

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 22:16:38 PST 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether they were planning to buy the Pet Shop Boys' new album
"Yes" in .mp3 or other "non-physical" format. And the response that received
the largest number of votes was:

* "No way! I don't buy music (or at least entire albums) in 'non-physical'
formats!" chosen by a whopping 55.6% of the voters.

I personally find this quite surprising -- not that that response came out
on top, but rather that it won by such a large margin, taking a clear
majority of the vote rather than a mere plurality. Fascinating. If you would
like to see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left nav bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is probably not surprising in the least. Now
that "Love etc." has made its official radio debut and can readily and
consistently be head online (such as on YouTube), I'm wondering how you
would rate it as a PSB single. Do you think it's one of their best? One of
their worst? Somewhere in-between? Please take a moment to make your choice
from the options provided right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a superb week ahead!