[Introspective] Final results of PSB "positive role models" poll

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 12 22:11:49 PST 2009

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether the Pet Shop Boys have served as positive role models
for them -- and, if so, how? And the response that received the largest
number of votes was:

* "They've inspired me to become interested in and/or to develop my
knowledge of the arts, literature, history, or some other subject," chosen
by 40.5% of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

Recently I've gotten a lot of input -- most of it quite polite and
constructive, but occasionally insulting -- about my weekly polls. Some site
visitors believe that they've more or less "run their course" and that I
should give up on them, or at least not run them so often. Others are OK
with continuing the weekly surveys but feel that the questions have been
"stretching it" a bit lately and that I should make the questions much
simpler. Actually, I've been toying with the idea of scaling back on my
polls in one way or another, anyway. So I may be trying out some new things
in the weeks and months ahead. For one thing, this week's poll is a rather
simple, straightforward one: what is your favorite version of the recent
single "Did You See Me Coming?"

Then, just below the survey, I've posted something brand new: the first of
what may become a series of weekly PSB trivia games. I'm very interested in
hearing what you think of it. Do you like it? Should I replace my weekly
poll with weekly trivia contests -- if not permanently, then at least on a
temporary basis? Or maybe I should alternate between polls and trivia games
from one week to the next. I welcome your feedback.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a most enjoyable week ahead!