[Introspective] Final results of poll on "gayest" and "most heterosexual" PSB albums

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 5 22:14:17 PST 2009

site visitors to choose the Pet Shop Boys studio albums that are, in their
opinion, the "gayest" and the "most heterosexual." And the albums that
received the most votes in each category were:

* "Very," chosen by 41.4% as the "gayest" album, and

* "Release," picked by 20.2% as the "most heterosexual" album.

It's interesting to note that voters tended to be much more in agreement
about the "gayest" albums than they were about the "most heterosexual"
albums. And while the three "gayest" ended up also being the three "least
heterosexual," the three "most heterosexual" did not match up with the three
"least gay." To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site
at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead is akin to a "flipside" of a poll than I
ran about two months ago, in which I asked whether the Boys and/or their
music had ever inspired you to break the law. This time I'm asking whether
they have ever, in some definite, concrete way, served as positive role
models for you. Have they helped, inspired, or influenced you in some way
for the better? (This is aside from their having provided you with
entertainment and enjoyment.) Thanks to Frederik Erens for suggesting this
delightful question!

And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have
a very *positive* week ahead!