[Introspective] Final results of poll comparing Tennant/Lowe to Lennon/McCartney

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 29 23:21:37 PDT 2009

The final results are in for my Pet Shop Boys poll this past week, in which
I asked my site visitors to compare Tennant-Lowe to Lennon-McCartney as
songwriting teams. And the choice that received the largest number of votes
was:

* "There's no point even trying to compare them. It's like apples and
oranges, totally different, and it simply boils down to a matter of taste,"
chosen by nearly a third (32.8%) of the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead combines some of my own ideas with
suggestions and thoughts posed by a number of my site visitors over the past
few months. And considering that the North and South American legs of the
Pandemonium Tour is just now getting under way, I think it's a good time to
ask your opinions of the tour setlist, at least as it's been so far, and
regardless of whether you've seen the show yet. I provide several different
groups of choices, dealing with your overall opinion of the setlist as well
as how you feel about the mashups and medleys, the balance of hits vs. more
obscure material, newer vs. older material, and uptempo songs vs. ballads.
So please take a moment to check out the options provided right there on my
home page and make your choices. And thanks to a half-dozen or more of you
who have shared your thoughts about this subject in recent weeks.

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all have
a superb week ahead!