[Introspective] Final results of "Overlooked 2" poll

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 22 22:15:10 PDT 2009

site visitors to choose one b-side, bonus track, or "non-studio-album" song
from each Pet Shop Boys "era" that they would include on a theoretical
"Overlooked 2" album. And the songs that received the most votes were:

* From the Please era: "In the Night," picked by 39.3% of the voters.

* From the Actually era: "I Get Excited (You Get Excited Too)," chosen by
33.8%.

* From the Introspective era: "Your Funny Uncle," selected by 35.5%.

* From the Behaviour/Discography era: "Miserablism," picked by 27.4%.

* From the Very/Alternative era: "Shameless," picked by 33.8%.

* From the Bilingual era: "Delusions of Grandeur," chosen by 25.2%.

* From the Nightlife era: "The Ghost of Myself," the choice of 22.4%.

* From the Release/PopArt era: "I Didn't Get Where I Am Today," picked by
21.1%.

* From the Fundamental era: "Fugitive," selected by 34.9%.

* From the Yes era: "This Used to Be the Future," chosen by 38.5%.

* From Closer to Heaven: "My Night," the choice of 25.8%.  And --

* From Battleship Potemkin: "No Time for Tears," picked by 33.2%.

button in the left nav bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a question I've long pondered myself, but
now I'm finally getting around to asking *you*: how do you think Neil
Tennant & Chris Lowe compare as a songwriting team to John Lennon & Paul
McCartney? I'm proposing a number of statements, and I'm asking you to pick
the one that comes closest to expressing how you feel about it. So please
mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choice from the options
provided there on my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I
hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!