[Introspective] Yes = Poor Manufacturing

Gilles G. gilles.gen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:44:26 PDT 2009

Erm, well, when you take away the sealing plastic of a digipack, you
*always* have to be careful. Digipacks are obviously more fragile than
jewel cases.
But if you do it carefully, there's no problem.
So if you tear or damage the sleeve, it's just your fault, not EMI's.

This sleeve is maybe fragile (once again, like *all* digipacks, no
more) but it's extremely beautiful. The images are stunning. The only
problem with "glassy" black covers is they retain fingermarks (that's
especially the case with Closer to heaven or Disco 3).

But on the other hand, black's more beautiful than white...

And then. Stop being so pissed about details, when you get such
wonderful music to hear.
After all, if you dislike the packaging, you're not forced to buy the
object anyway : downloads are available for people who can't handle
delicate packagings properly.

Gilles

2009/4/1 Lidia tennant <lidiapsb at hotmail.com>:

> what a shit of sleeve! When my sister open this it will break in the
> instant. You move the plastic to open and directly you take the sleeve. why
> they didnt put a proper plastic folder?
>
> this is sooo cheap for emi!
>

> ________________________________
> From: john_r_barker at hotmail.com
> To: silverphoenix at rcn.com; introspective at lists.jameslick.com
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:08:05 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Introspective] Yes = Poor Manufacturing
>
> Agreed. I can barely pry the CDs/booklet out of the sleeves without ripping
> the cheap cardboard...
> Extremely poor quality for a proper release, especially for a SE.
>
> ________________________________
> From: silverphoenix at rcn.com
> To: introspective at lists.jameslick.com
> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:22:09 -0400
> Subject: [Introspective] Yes = Poor Manufacturing
>
> Hey people, your friendly neighborhood Silver Phoenix here. I just received
> my Yes Special Edition, and I have to say that this cardboard sleeve is
> bullshit. I don't care how many colored squares you throw on a solid black
> background, it's just extremely poor quality. I suppose they just wanted to
> save a buck/pound/euro, etc. I was hoping for one of those cool jewel cases
> with an insert, but instead I get this crappy cardboard sleeve.
>
> Is this edition going to be released in the US as well? I know April is the
> release for the standard album, but if there are no differences in what is
> included I'll stick with this one.
>
> ~SP

Gilles
http://www.etherreal.com