[Introspective] Final results of survey on farthest traveled to a PSB event

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 22:14:25 PST 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors about the farthest distance they had ever traveled
specifically to attend a Pet Shop Boys concert or other PSB-related event.
And the option that received the most votes was:

* "I've never traveled to a PSB concert or other PSB-related event," chosen
by 18.9% of the voters.

That one certainly caught me by surprise! But, in retrospect, considering
how widely dispersed we PSB fans are around the world, I suppose it's really
not that surprising after all. (As for the actual range in distance that
received the most votes, it turned out to be 101-250 miles, or 161-400 km,
with 14.5% of the vote.) To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm.

My new poll for the week ahead focuses on songs that the Pet Shop Boys have
"given away" to other artists -- either songs that they wrote but allowed
other artists to release first, or cover songs that they produced for others
before releasing their own version (if they released their own version at
all). Which of these "giveaways" do you most wish the Boys had kept strictly
for themselves? Please mull this over and then make your choice right there
on my home page. And thanks to Mun-Hou Lo for suggesting this terrific
question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead -- and a very happy and safe Thanksgiving to
those of you who observe the holiday this coming Thursday!