[Introspective] Final results of poll on alternate PSB career directions

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 22:16:48 PST 2008

site visitors what different directions they thought the Pet Shop Boys'
career would have taken if they had achieved and sustained far greater
commercial success in the United States. And the choice that received the
largest number of votes was:

* "Little if anything would be different," chosen by 42.6% of the voters --
roughly twice as many as had picked the second-place choice.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the first in a series that I've been
planning for quite some time but have been putting off for one reason or
another. If you *had* to change the first PSB album "Please" by deleting
one of its songs and replacing it with one of the b-sides from its
associated singles, which songs would you choose? Or, to put it another
way, which song's absence would detract the least from "Please," and which
of its single b-sides would have benefited the album the most by its
inclusion? Please mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choices
right there on my home page. (And, by the way, I'm not counting
"Opportunities (Reprise)" among the choices of tracks to delete. It hardly
even counts as a song, and it would almost certainly come out on top, don't
you think? I mean, I want this poll to be *interesting* -- not obvious. ;-)

As I said, this starts a new series of polls, so during the weeks ahead I
plan on asking the same question about each of the Boys' studio albums. I
hope you enjoy it!

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!