[Introspective] Final results of "PSB first in 2008?" survey

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 23:04:42 PST 2008

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether the first music they listened to in 2008 was by the
Pet Shop Boys. And the top response was:

* "No," chosen by a clear majority of the voters -- 63.8%.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is somewhat more complicated, inviting you
to play a little game of "What if?" I'm wondering what directions you
believe the Pet Shop Boys' career would have taken if they had achieved and
sustained much greater commercial success in the United States. I'm not
asking what you think *may* have happened. After all, nearly anything "may"
have occurred. Rather, what do you think actually *would* have occurred, or
at least would *probably* have occurred. I've provided a lot of interesting
options to choose from, and you can pick as few or as many as you think
appropriate. So please take a few minutes to check them out and make your
choices right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Bruno LaSalle
for proposing this fascinating question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a superb week ahead!