[Introspective] Final results of PSB music video ratings poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 5 22:49:20 PST 2008

site visitors to rate each of the Pet Shop Boys "primary" music videos on a
scale of 1 to 5, with 1 meaning "one of their worst videos" and 5 meaning
"one of their best." And the video that ended up with the highest average
rating is:

* "Being Boring," with an average rating of 4.509. It also was chosen as
*the* best by a plurality of voters, 19.4%.

If you listen closely, you may hear the collective cheers from a lot of
fans as well as the collective moans from those who consider BB somewhat
overrated. ;-)  Actually, "Can You Forgive Her?" held a narrow lead in the
average ratings for about the first half of the week, but "Being Boring"
pulled ahead by Wednesday afternoon and stayed on top right through to the
end.

Incidentally, the video that wound up on the bottom was "Home and Dry,"
with an average rating of just 1.739 and chosen as the very worst by a
large plurality, 27.4%.

button in the left navigation bar.

Since this past week's poll was such a demanding, time-consuming one, I
decided to make this week's much, much simpler. I'm only asking whether the
first music that you listened to in 2008 was by the Pet Shop Boys. So
please take a moment to make your choice from the four options provided
right there on my home page. And thanks to Gilles for inspiring this
survey; it's not exactly the question that he suggested to me, but it's
definitely derived from his suggestion!

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to take part in
last week's survey! I really appreciate it, and I hope you find the full
results as fascinating as I do. I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!