[Introspective] Very tracks (Please 2)

various99 _ actuali at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:05:28 PST 2008

That really would be a good poll.  Pet Shop Boys choose their closing tracks very well.  I mean, "King's Cross" was just amazing. "Jealousy" may be their most touching and emotional.  "Go West" seems like their coolest, go-out-with-a-bang closing.  "Footsteps" is very homey and welcoming.  "Why don't we live together?" and "Saturday night forever" are just alright to me, and "Integral" kind of returns to an anthemic, Go West-style closing.

But for all of my love for "Jealousy," "King's Cross," and the rest, there's just something so beautifully simple, real, warm, and unforgettable about "You choose."  I never expected PSB to do this type of song, but they did, and did it wonderfully.  It's very American-sounding.  A "just sit a play it" kind of song.  Amazing.

-Ali