[Introspective] Final results of poll on Actually songs to cut and add

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 2 22:15:31 PST 2008

site visitors, if they had to choose a song to delete from the second Pet
Shop Boys studio album "Actually" and replace it with one of the b-sides of
the album's singles, which song would they delete and which would they add?
And the songs that received the most votes were:

* "Hit Music," chosen by 56.0% of the voters as the one they would cut, and

* "I Get Excited (You Get Excited Too)," chosen by 43.0% as the one they'd
add.

button in the left nav bar.

My new poll for the week ahead asks the same question about the next PSB
album, "Introspective."  Which track would you delete, and which b-side
from the album's singles would you add? (This time I'm also including among
the choices of songs to add two other "non-album" songs that the Boys
recorded around the same time.) And don't let the special format of
"Introspective," with its extended dance mixes, be an obstacle. You can
consider existing extended mixes of some of those b-sides, or you can
consider which of the other b-sides might have made an especially good
extended dance mix, or you might even consider one of those songs as an
intentional contrast to the dance mixes on the rest of the album. Whatever
the case, please take a moment to make your choices right there on my home
page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And here's
wishing you all a fantastic week ahead!