[Introspective] Poll on first letter of next album ends prematurely

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 19:07:42 PST 2008

Hey there! As most (if not all) of you know by now, the Pet Shop Boys have
announced the title of their next album: "Yes." That put the brakes on my
poll this week, in which I was asking my site visitors to predict the first
letter of the album's title.

I've now ended that survey, with the following results. Before the
announcement was made, the top vote-getter was:

* The letter O, chosen by 14.2% of the voters.

No doubt this was inspired by the widespread belief that the album's title
would be "Outstanding."

Once the announcement was made, a number of folks couldn't resist casting
their votes for Y. But I brought the poll to an end before Y could catch up
with O. As a result, the FINAL percentage for O was 13.3%, with Y catching
up but still well behind at 7.6%. (Y had only 1.0% of the vote before the
announcement.)

You can see the full results -- both "before" and "after" -- by visiting my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and clicking the
"Past Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this survey, "thwarted" as it was. I'll be
announcing a new poll next Sunday. In the meantime, I hope you all have a
great week -- and Happy Holidays!