[Introspective] poll on 5 greatest PSB singles

Gilles G. gilles.gen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 06:50:49 PDT 2007

2007/9/3, Ste Lee <steleeuk at hotmail.co.uk>:

> Great work there wayne.. the number one choice is very good, we all feel
> better in the dark is a very good track... some noticeable humping sound
> effects tho :oP
> ------------------------------

yeah sure. #1 is their, and dare I say "the", greatest single ever.

meanwhile, I'm pretty surprised about the overall outcome.
many great singles have been ranked fairly low IMHO (somewhere, dj culture,
jealousy, drunk, LCQ) and other surprisingly high (GW - oh well I must be
the only one to hate this -, before, home & dry).
I guess for these the very good b-sides make up for what I personally
consider pretty weak singles, at least the latter two.
my feelings towards GW are quite more complicated but anyway this is all
just a matter of personal tastes, isn't it.

I didn't have the chance to vote, exceptionally and unfortunately, nor to
read the poll's comments (pity these cannot be archived somewhere...
wayne?).
I would undoubtedly have chosen being boring and red letter day at least.

I think I remember a quite similar poll a few years back, where we had to
pick up our favorite "single set" altogether (single, b-sides, remixes,
packaging) and, if I remember well, ARLD came on top. quite rightly so, it's
a fabulous song, wonderful artwork, tremendous b-sides (among their very
best IMHO) and outstanding remixes... aaah if trouser enthusiasts were to
remix more of their songs, esp. those superchumbo did a massacre of...

just my two cents.

take care everyone on our good ol' intro...

gilles

--
"and they say you're doing fine
they're just playing with your mind