[Introspective] Final results of poll on Neil's greatest vocal

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 20 22:12:54 PDT 2007

The final results are in for my poll this past week in which I asked my
site visitors which song features, in their opinion, Neil Tennant's finest
vocal performance. And the song that received the most votes was:

* "Being Boring," with 6.2% of the total vote.

As you can infer from the low percentage for the "winning" selection, a
huge number of songs received votes in this poll. To see the complete
results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead has grown out of that one. One of the voters
speculated in the poll's "Comments" area that "Being Boring" was leading in
the results not so much because it actually featured Neil's greatest vocal
but because many fans simply consider it the Pet Shop Boys' greatest song
*period*. Other voters joined in on this discussion, some of them
suggesting that "Boring" was somewhat overrated. These comments inspired me
to ask this question this week: do *you* consider "Being Boring" the
greatest PSB song, and/or do you believe it's overrated? Please take a
moment to register your opinion right there on my home page. And thanks so
much to Dan and the other participants in this online discussion for
inspiring this question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I wish you all
a very happy week ahead!