[Introspective] Final results of poll on hypothetical "Alternative 2" single

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 12 22:22:27 PDT 2007

site visitors to choose which song would make the best single -- in either
its original form or a remixed/re-recorded version -- from a hypothetical
"Alternative 2" album consisting of single b-sides and bonus tracks
released since the Pet Shop Boys' album "Alternative." And the song that
received the largest number of votes was:

* "I Didn't Get Where I Am Today," with 11.6% of the total vote.

Actually, it was a tight race all week between the top five vote-getters,
with all five of them holding the "top spot" at one time or another. In
fact, the one that came out on top was in second, third, or fourth place
for most of the week, taking the lead and holding on to it only during the
last 24 hours or so of voting. A really interesting poll, if I do say so
myself. At any rate, if you'd like to see the complete results, please
visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click
the "Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead is perhaps somewhat sillier than most, but
I like to get a little silly every now and then. And I've been wondering
about this for a long time. The Pet Shop Boys' 1996 song "Electricity"
makes repeated reference in its refrain to Disco-Tex and the Sex-o-lettes.
Well, just how familiar are you with Disco-Tex and the Sex-o-lettes? Had
you ever heard them -- or even heard *of* them -- before this song? Has
"Electricity" inspired you to become more familiar with them? So please
take a moment to make your choice from the options provided right there on
my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a wonderful week ahead!