[Introspective] Final results of poll on when you discovered "Postscript"

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 24 22:15:44 PST 2007

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors when they first discovered or learned about the "hidden" song
"Postscript" at the end of the Pet Shop Boys' album "Very." And the option
chosen by the largest number of voters was:

"I discovered it for myself the first time I listened to the album," chosen
by nearly half of the voters -- 49.1%, to be precise.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by the long tradition in rock
and pop music of "concept" albums and of other kinds of albums that can be
considered works "as a whole" as opposed to merely disjointed collections
of tracks. So I'm wondering which PSB studio album, in your opinion, works
best as a whole in terms of its thematic and/or stylistic consistency.
Thanks to Josef for suggesting this question!

And thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead!