[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB album formats

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 8 22:19:03 PST 2007

The final votes are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors to indicate which in formats they owned each Pet Shop Boys
album. And the top vote-getters were:

* CDs (not suprisingly) were the most-owned format for each and every PSB
album;

* "Actually" was the album most commonly owned in the vinyl (36.5% of the
voters), tape (26.7%, tying with "Introspective" in this category), and
"special" formats (58.4%, with "special" referring to special editions,
alternate "foreign" editions, and the like), as well as the album that
received the largest number of votes across the board (225.8% of the number
of voters -- in other words, among the participants in this survey, there
are more than twice as many copies of "Actually" as there are voters
themselves);

* "Fundamental" was the album most commonly owned in the mp3 format (33.7%
of the voters); and (here's a surprise) . . .

* "Disco 3" was the album most commonly owned in the CD format, (85.1% of
the voters).

If this all sounds a bit confusing to you, perhaps checking out the
complete results will help. You can do that by visiting my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and clicking the "Past Survey
Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead turns from the Pet Shop Boys' past albums to
their next album, which Neil and Chris have said that they will soon start
writing songs for (if they haven't already). I'm wondering which musical
style you would most like to charactize or dominate their next album? So
please take a moment to register your opinion right there on my home page.
And thanks to Frederik for suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have an absolutely superb week ahead!