[Introspective] Richard Bareback!

Fred Maus fem2x at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 23 21:41:52 PDT 2007

Oy, we roused him, didn't we.  I have better things to do than ponder
this guy's nastiness, and I liked Intro better (a little) when it was
dull rather than offensive.  But there's one great thing I learned from
Durst.  It's best not to care too much, emotionally, about an
essentially unmoderated list, because it can go bad so badly.  Save your
energy.

I also admire Studer's site, a lot, and the intense personal energy that
sustains it.  But I am intrigued, not in a wholly positive way, that
Studer wishes to rise to the defense of someone whose cruelty has caused
pain.  Are such attitudes compatible, in some subtle way, with the
messages of PSB songs?  Or, as I would like to think, perhaps
sentimentally, not?

Fred