[Introspective] Final results of poll on CTH song you'd like sung by Neil

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 4 22:15:00 PDT 2007

site visitors which song from "Closer to Heaven" that Neil has not yet sung
(at least not in an official release) they would most like to hear him sing
live or on a CD release. And (perhaps surprisingly) the option that
received the largest number of votes was:

* "I'm not familiar enough with these songs to choose," which received
26.1% of the total vote.

Of the songs themselves, the one that came out on top was "My Night,"
selected by 18.2% of the voters. To see the complete results, please visit
my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the
"Past Survey Results" button in the left nav bar.

My new survey this week was inspired by a recollection triggered by the
tragic bridge collapse this past week in Minneapolis. For several years,
back when I used to live there, I used to cross that bridge nearly every
day on my commute to and from work. And the first time I ever heard the Pet
Shop Boys was just north of that bridge; "West End Girls" was still playing
as I crossed it. I *distinctly* remember that. Yet I can't say that about
most other artists -- not even my other favorites. I can't remember
precisely when I first heard them. PSB are clearly an "anomaly" for me in
this respect. So I'm wondering how common this phenomenon is. Do you
distinctly remember the first time you heard music by the Pet Shop Boys and
what you were doing at the time? Please take a moment to take part in this
survey right there on my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's poll! And I
wish you all a very happy week ahead!