[Introspective] Final results of PSB "popularity factors" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 22:03:25 PDT 2006

site visitors to indicate how various factors relate to their being Pet
Shop Boys fans -- whether they're fans because of certain factors or in
spite of them, or whether those factors have no bearing at all on their
fandom. And the factor that received the highest "popularity score"
(obtained by subtracting its "in spite of" percentage of votes from its
"because of" percentage) is:

* "Their melodies," with a popularity score of 93.6% (with 95.2% of voters
saying they're fans because of their melodies and only 1.6% saying they're
fans in spite of them).

To see the complete results -- which, if I do say so myself, are especially
interesting this time around -- please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead was inspired by the surprising news this
past week that the title of the Pet Shop Boys' upcoming live album has been
changed from "Concert" to "Concrete." I'm wondering what you think of this
news. So when you get the chance, please take part in this poll right there
on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey -- the results of which
I personally found unusually fascinating, so an *extra" thank you for that!
And I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!