[Introspective] Final results of poll on World Cup/"Numb" montage

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 29 22:11:01 PDT 2006

site visitors to indicate how they feel about the BBC World Cup montage
featuring the Pet Shop Boys' "Numb." And the response that received the
most votes was:

* "I'm pleased that it gave PSB more exposure to an audience that may not
have paid much attention to them or to their new album," with 32.5% of the
total vote.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

I already had a different survey lined up for the week ahead, but then just
the other day somebody suggested a very timely question -- one that I had
better run as soon as possible or it might be too late. As most of you
probably know by now, it has been announced that the BBC Radio 2 concert
that the Pet Shop Boys performed with the BBC Orchestra and several guest
stars back in May will be released as a two-CD set, probably in late
September. The title, however, hasn't yet been announced, and a lot of fans
are speculating. That's the subject of my poll for the week ahead -- what
do you think the title of this live album ought to be? So, when you get the
chance, please respond to this question right there on my home page. And
thanks to Steve for this suggestion!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! Here's wishing you
all a very happy week ahead!