[Introspective] Final results of "Fundamental" ratings poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 22 22:07:20 PDT 2006

site visitors to rate the songs on the album "Fundamental," as well as
several related bonus tracks, on a 0-10 scale according to how they compare
with the rest of the Pet Shop Boys' catalog, in which 0 meant "one of the
all-time worst PSB songs" and 10 meant "one of the all-time best PSB
songs." And the song that received the highest average rating was:

* "Integral," with an average rating of 8.173 and with 30.1% of the voters
giving it a rating of 10.

In addition, this places "Integral" at a rank of #8 among all PSB songs.
And the average rating for "Fundamental" overall (*not* counting those
related bonus tracks) comes out to 6.852, resulting in a #6 rank for
"Fundamental" among PSB albums.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar. There's also a convenient direct link on my
"What's New?" page, which also has a link to the overall cumulative "Rating
Project" results, where you can see how the "Fundamental" songs rank among
other PSB songs. (To make it easier for you to find them, I've temporarily
highlighted the newly added songs in a contrasting color.)

Although it may not be quite so timely anymore, my new poll for the week
ahead asks how you feel about the recent BBC World Cup montage that used
the "Fundamental" track "Numb." So please take a moment to make your choice
right there on my home page. And thanks to Russell for suggesting this
question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a marvelous week ahead!