[Introspective] Battleship Potemkin - editing question

James Cherry girliedrinker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 12:16:25 PDT 2006

Kurt:

> Has anyone actually edited the CD soundtrack onto the DVD video?  Or
> listened to the CD while watching the DVD?

No. If it's really worth it I'm sure the powers that be will release it.

> Reason I ask is... I just ripped both the DVD and CD soundtrack into
> iMovie, and there seems to be about 6 minutes of music missing from
> the beginning of the film.
>
> Everything lines up beautifully from track 3 "our daily bread" to the
> end of the film... and I mean beautifully!  What a treat to finally
> experience this!
>
> But there isn't enough music to cover the beginning of the film.  The
> movie is 74 minutes, and the CD is 68 minutes.

Having not seen the live event, is it possible that there are parts of the
film without musical accompaniment? Plus the CD may exclude some passages,
that's fairly common on soundtrack releases to make the listening experience
more cohesive. Or maybe they scored to a PAL DVD, which would run 4% faster
than the film is supposed to (not knowing the technical specs any released
Potemkin DVDs, of course) and so would explain the shortfall.

JPC