[Introspective] Final results of demographic survey

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 18 22:01:13 PST 2006

The final results are in of my "demographic survey" this past week, in
which I asked my site visitors (and fellow Pet Shop Boys fans) to indicate
where they fall on a matrix of "sexuality vs. American/non-American
nationality." And the response that received the most votes was:

* "heterosexual non-American male," with 36.8% of the total vote.

To see the complete results -- including totals for the different
"dimensions" on the matrix -- please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

Ordinarily at this time I would announce my new poll for the week ahead.
But, for the first time in almost five years of running these weekly polls,
I'm going to take a brief hiatus. You see, later this week I'm leaving on a
fairly lengthy trip that will include next weekend, and during this time
I'll have little if any access to email and absolutely no access to website
maintenance. (And George doesn't like to use the computer when I'm away.)
In similar situations in the past I've run two-week polls -- and, in fact,
I had a really good one already lined up, if I do say so myself. But for
various reasons that I won't go into here, I'm finding it simply more
expedient to give my polling a break for a couple of weeks.

I'm sure you can all get along very, very well without me. ;-) And, rest
assured, assuming my safe return home, I'm planning on resuming my weekly
polls on Sunday, March 5.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's survey!
And I hope you all have a very safe and happy couple of weeks ahead! Take
care!