[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Event/Release of the Year"

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 30 22:08:57 PST 2006

The final results are in for my poll this past week in which I asked my
site visitors what they consider to be the Pet Shop Boys' 2006
"Event/Release of the Year." And the choice that received the most votes --
in fact, a rare *majority* of the votes as opposed to a mere plurality --
was (perhaps not surprisingly):

* "Fundamental" (and its bonus disc "Fundamentalism"), chosen by 62.4% of
the voters!

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

Just as last week's survey looked back on 2006, my special "New Year's
poll" for the week ahead looks forward to 2007. I'm wondering, if it were
up to you to choose exactly *two* potential PSB-related audio and/or video
recordings to be released in the year head -- no more, no fewer --  what
would you choose? (For reasons that I explain in the "voting area" I'm
disqualifying to things from consideration: a brand new PSB album of
all-new material and a DVD of the live "Fundamental" tour show.) So
whenever you're ready, please make your choices from options provided right
there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I wish you all a
very happy, safe, and PSB-filled New Year!