[Introspective] Happy what?

Gilles G. gilles.gen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 02:38:26 PST 2006

2006/12/14, Gilles G. <gilles.gen at gmail.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> Just received my Christmas card (nice Fundamental design) but I need
> your help : it states "Merry Christmas and happy hogmanay".
>
> Uh? That last word is absent from my non-native speaker vocabulary...

...but not from a decent dictionary, which I didn't think I had here
in the office (Internet might well have been my friend here). So it's
ok, I have learnt a new word, I'm happy.

More appropriate to wish a happy Hogmanay than a happy New Year I think...

It says it's Scottish? Any confirmation?

Gilles

--
"I pretend, I'm there again
I close my eyes and see you better than before