[Introspective] Battleship Potemkin ratings poll ends soon!

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 31 21:26:14 PDT 2006

Hey there! This is just a quick reminder that tomorrow (Saturday) is the
last full day of my current Pet Shop Boys poll, which asks you to rate the
tracks in their "Battleship Potemkin" film score on a scale of 0 to 10
based on how they compare with other PSB songs, with 0 meaning "one of
their all-time worst songs" and 10 meaning "one of their all-time best." So
if you haven't voted yet, please take a moment to visit my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and submit your ratings!

I have to confess that so far this poll has had the *lowest* voter turnout
of any of my surveys in about four years! And almost a third of the votes
that have been submitted are abstentions! Perhaps it's an unpopular
question, or maybe many of you just don't feel that these film score tracks
should be judged in comparison with other PSB songs. That's certainly
understandable. Then again, maybe some of you are simply holding off on
voting until you've had a chance to listen (again) to the album so that you
can provide more "informed" ratings. If that's the case, that's terrific --
but time's running out!

Thanks to everyone who has already voted! And I hope you all have a
marvelous weekend!