[Introspective] Final results of poll on most under-rated PSB single

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 28 22:10:04 PDT 2005

The final results are in for my poll this past week in which I asked my
site visitors what they feel to be the most under-rated, underestimated, or
underappreciated Pet Shop Boys single -- that is, the one most deserving of
greater success than it has actually achieved. And the top vote-getter was:

* "Being Boring," with 21.4% of the total vote.

That was more than three times as many votes as the second runner-up! To
see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Survey Results" button
in the left navigation bar.

Continuing the "singles theme" but from a somewhat different angle, my new
poll for the week ahead asks which b-sides or bonus tracks you consider to
be *better* than the corresponding single itself. Whenever you're ready,
please make your choices right there on my home page.

Incidentally, as is always the case in my polls in which you can make more
than one selection, the automated "Current Results" are not reported as
intelligently as I would like. When I post the final results next Sunday,
I'll be sure to recalculate the percentages based on the actual number of
voters, thereby providing what I hope will be clearer, more meaningful
statistics.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a terrific week ahead!