[Introspective] Final results of PSB/vegetable poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 18 22:22:25 PDT 2005

site visitors the admittedly rather silly (but fun) question, "If the Pet
Shop Boys were a vegetable, what vegetable would they be?" And the response
that received the most votes was:

* asparagus, with 13.6% of the total vote

Unfortunately, no one offered any explanation for why they chose asparagus,
although a number of other voters did provide explanations for their own
choices -- and some of them are quite delightful. To see the complete
results, as well as to read a selection of these explanations, please visit
my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the
"Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar. (The excerpted
explanations appear at the end of the percentage results.)

Of course, this means I now have a new survey for the week ahead. I've
often wondered the extent to which we PSB fans share our broader pop music
tastes. I figure one way to assess this is to use my own list of my
favorite recording artists other than the Pet Shop Boys and then see how
many of my site visitors are fans of those artists as well. So, when you
get a chance, please visit my site and make your choices right there on the
home page. (Since this is one of those questions for which you can select
more than one answer, my survey provider doesn't report the current results
very intelligently. But I'll be sure to provide more meaningfully
calculated results when I post the final tallies next Sunday!)

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a terrific week ahead!