[Introspective] Final results of PSB "typically English?" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 29 22:16:08 PST 2005

site visitors whether they agree with the oft-stated assessment of the Pet
Shop Boys as being "typically" or even "quintessentially" English. And the
response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "Yes, I do agree, even though I'm not English myself," with 59.5% of the
total vote.

In fact, when you add in the voters who did identify themselves as English,
the level of agreement goes up to 84.1%!  Wow!

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the "Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

Of course, I now have a new poll for the week ahead. This time I would like
for you first to think about all the things that you like about the Pet
Shop Boys. Then choose the ratio that most closely matches the degree to
which you would credit Chris and Neil individually with whatever it is
about the Pet Shop Boys that makes you a fan.  Is it 50/50?  --  70% Chris
and 30% Neil?   --  10% Chris and 90% Neil?  --  Or some other ratio?  I've
provided a range of ratios for you to choose from. So please take a moment
to make your choice right there on the home page of my site.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!