[Introspective] Identification of PSB stuff found on Bittorrent

Erik Cedergren ecgn at algonet.se
Sat Aug 20 03:36:07 PDT 2005

Hi!

        Thanks for the ZYX tip. Looking at their homepage, it is clear
that they are taking the opportunity to sqeeze a little bit more money
out of the Bobby-O rights they have had since way back:

"Anlässlich des Besuchs der Pet Shop Boys hier in Deutschland, haben
wir ihre alten Hits, die wir bereits seit den frühen 90er Jahren bei
uns auswerten, noch mal in der erfolgreichen Megamix Serie
ausgewertet.
Große Namen haben in dieser Serie immer gut verkauft und die Pet Shop
Boys sind eine perfekte Ergänzung dazu. Hier werden Superhits mit
modernen Sounds gemixt. "

        ...or with a little help from Babelfish (manually
post-processed)...

"In connection with Pet Shop Boys' visit to Germany, we have
rereleased their old hits, popular since the early 90's, in the
successful Megamix series.
With big names, this series has always sold well, and the Pet Shop
Boys are a perfect addition. Here the super hits are mixed with modern
sounds."

        Apart from the mixes not being that good, the tracks are *not*
from the early 90's, but rather from the first half of the 80's. (And
that b-y West End Sunglasses thing is still included!!!)

        If anyone is interested, it is still available at:
http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=383272

//ecgn