[Introspective] Final results of "Best songwriting method" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 22:15:21 PDT 2005

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors which of the three primary collaborative methods
that the Pet Shop Boys used to write their songs together they feel tends
to produce the best songs. And (perhaps not surprisingly) the choice that
received the most votes was:

* "I don't think I can choose between these methods," with 51.0% of the
total vote.

And it just occurred to me that, from a purely grammatical perspective, I
probably should have phrased that choice, "I don't think I can choose from
among these methods." Oh, well -- that's water over the proverbial dam. At
any rate, to see the complete results (grammatical or not), please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the
"Survey Results" button in the left navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead is somewhat timely considering the
Saturday wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles. Think back to
when you first heard the news of Princess Diana's death. Did you feel the
urge shortly thereafter to listen to the Pet Shop Boys' song "Dreaming of
the Queen"? Please take a moment to respond to this question right there on
my home page. And thanks to Jeffrey Durst for suggesting this question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in the preceding poll. And I hope you all
have a very happy and healthy week ahead!

Wayne
http:/www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm